Thursday 23 June 2011

Navgraha Kawach & sholka’s

Chandra Kavacham

(Protective armour of the moon)
(This is armour which gives you protection from all problems caused by the planet moon. It has to be chanted on all Mondays, if moon causes any problem in the horoscope)
 
Om Ganesaya Nama
Salutations to Lord Ganesa
Asya Sri Chandra Kavacha stotra Maha Manthrasya
What follows is the great prayer called “Armour of the moon.”
Gowthama Rishi Anushtup Chanda, Chandro Devatha Chandra preethyartham jape viniyoga.
Sage for this prayer is Gowthama, meter is Anushtup, God is the moon and this is being chanted to please the moon.
Samam , chathurbhujam vande, keyura makutojjwalam, Vasudevasya nayanam, Shankarasya cha bhooshanam. 1
I salute the four armed Moon god who is calm, Who shines in a gem studded great crown, Who is the eye of Lord Vishnu, And the ornament of Lord Shiva.
Yevam dhyathwa japen nithyam shasina kavacham shubham, Shasi pathu shiro desam, phalam pathu kala nidhi. 2
Thus praying ,this holy armour of moon, should be chanted daily,
Let my head be protected by moon, and hairs be protected by the treasure of arts.
Chakshushi chandrama pathu , shruthi pathu nisha pathi, Pranam krupakara pathu ,mukham kumuda bhandhava. 3
Let my eyes be protected by he who has moon light, Let my ears be protected by the Lord of the night, Let my soul be protected by he who is merciful, And my face be protected by the relative of Lotus.
Pathu kantam cha may soma, skande jaivathrukasthadha,
Karou sudhakara pathu, vaksha pathu nisakara. 4
Let Soma protect my neck, Let my shoulder be protected by one who is long lived, Let the maker of nectar protect my hands, And the maker of night protect my chest.
Hrudayam pathu may chandro, nabhim shankara bhooshana, Madhyam pathu sura sreshta, katim pathu sudhakara. 5
Let my heart be protected by moon, Let my belly be protected by ornament of Shiva, Let my middle be protected by chief of devas, And my hip be protected by he who makes nectar.
Ooru tharapathi pathu, mrugango januni sada, Abdhija padhu may jange ,padhu, padou vidhu sada. 6
Let my thighs be protected by the Lord of the stars, Let he who has a deer protect my knees, Let the maker of time protect my calves, Let my feet be protected by Moon.
Sarvan anyani changaani pathu, chandro akhilam vapu, Ethdhi kavacham punyam bhukthi mukthi pradayakam. 7
Let all my other organs be protected by Chandra who is everywhere  And this armour would give one devotion and salvation.
Ya padeth srunyadhvapi sarvathra vijayi bbhaveth. 8
If one reads or hears this , he would win in everything. Ithi Sri Chandra kavacham sampoornam. Thus ends the armour of the moon.


Kethu Kavacham

(Armour of Kethu)
(Kethu is an asura (unlike other planets) and son of sage Kasyapa and an ogre called Simihika. He was born with a serpent head .When Mohini (the feminine form of Lord Vishnu) was distributing the nectar to the devas, Kethu entered the row and ate the nectar. The Sun and moon who saw this informed Lord Vishnu about this. Lord Vishnu cut him in to two pieces. The piece with the head is Rahu. The piece without head is Kethu. Both pieces continued to live and circle the earth in an anti clock wise manner. Kethu creates all the problems that are created by planet Mars. This Kavacham should be read on Tuesdays to ward of any evil caused by this planet.)
 
Kethum karala vadanam, chithra varnam, kireetinam,
Pranamami sada kethum, dwajaakaaram graheswaram.
1
I always salute Kethu , who has face filled with horror,
Who is of multiple colours, has a crown,
Who is shaped like a flag and is the Lord of planets.
Chithra varna sira pathu, bhalam dhoomra samudhyuthi,
Pathu nethre pingalaksha, sruthi may raktha lochana. 2
Let the multicolored one protect my head,
Let my hair be protected by he who produces smoke,
Let my eyes bye protected by one with reddish brown eye,
And let what I hear be protected by he who has red blood eyes.
Granam pathu swarnabha, schibukam simhikasutha,
Pathum cha kandam may Kethu, skandou pathu grahadhipa. 3
Let my smell be protected by him who shines like gold,
Let my chin be protected by the son of Simhika,
Let my neck and feet be protected by Kethu,
And let the lord of planets protect my shoulder
Hasthou pathu sura sreshta, kukshim pathu maha graha,
Simhasana katim pathu, madhyam pathu mahasura. 4
Let my arms be protected by the chief of devas,
Let the great planet protect my belly,
Let my hip be protected by he who sits on the throne,
And let the great asura protect my middle.
Ooru pathu maha seersho, januni may athi kopana,
Pathu padhou cha may kroora, sarvangam nara pingala. 5
Let my thighs be protected by the great head,
Let my knees be protected by him with great anger,
Let my feet be protected by the cruel one,
And let all my parts of body be protected by the reddish brown god.
Ya idham kavacham divyam, sarva roga vinasanam,
Sarva shathru vinasam cha, dharanad vijayi bhaved. 6
This holy armour destroys all diseases,
Destroys all enemies and,
Once worn will make you victorious.
Ithi Brahmanda Purane Kethu Kavacham sampoornam.
Thus ends the armour of Kethu from Brahmanda Purana.


Ragu Kavacham

(The armour of Rahu)
Rahu is an asura (unlike other planets )  and son of sage Kasyapa and an ogre called Simihika. He was born with a serpent head .When Mohini (the feminine form of Lord Vishnu) was distributing the nectar to the devas, Rahu entered the row and ate the nectar. The Sun and moon who saw this informed Lord Vishnu about this. Lord Vishnu cut him in to two pieces. The piece which had head is Rahu. The piece without head is Kethu. Both pieces continued to live and circle the earth in an anti clock wise manner. Rahu creates all the problems that are created by planet Saturn. This Kavacham should be read on Saturdays to ward of any evil caused by this planet.
 
Pranamami sada rahum, soorpakaram kireetinam,
Saimhikeyam karalasyam, lokanamabhaya pradham.
I always salute Rahu, who holds a winnow, who has a crown,
Who is like a lion and is terrible looking,
And who grants protection to people
Neelambara sira pathu, lalatam loka vanditha,
Chakshushi pathu may Rahu, srothre thwardha sareeravan. 2 
Let my head be protected by he who wears blue silk,
Let my forehead be protected by he who is worshipped by the world,
Let Rahu protect my eyes and semi bodied one protect my ears.
Nasikam may dhoomravarna, soolapanir mukham mama,
Jihwam may simhika sunu, Kantam may katinamgrika. 3 
Let the smoke colured one protect my nose,
And let he who holds the spear protect my face,
Let the son of Simhika protect my toungue,
And let my neck be protected by he who perceives by smell.
Bhujangeso bhujai pathu, neela malyambara karou pathu,
Pathu vaksha sthalam manthri, pathu kuksheem vidhunthuda. 4 
Let the lord of serpents protect my arm,
Let my hands be protected by he who wears blue garlands,
Let the minister protect my breast,
And let the wise one protect my belly.
Katim may vikata pathu, ooru may sura poojitha,
Swarbhanuni januni pathu jange may pathu jadayaha. 5 
Let my hip be protected by the funny one,
Let my thighs be protected by he who is worshipped by devas,
Let my knees be protected by him who makes the sun his own,
Let my calves be protected by him who is sluggish.
Gulphou grahapathi pathu, padhou may bheeshanakruthi,
Sarvanyangani may pathu neela chandana bhooshana. 6 
Let my ankle be protected by the lord of planets,
Let my feet be protected by he who looks terrible,
And let all my limbs be protected by him who wears blue sandal paste.
Raheridham kavacham rhudhi davasthudham yo,
Bhakthya padathyunu dinam niyatha suchi sanu,
Prapnothi keerthimathulam sriyamrudhi maayura,
Aaroghya mathma vijayam cha hi thath prasadath, 7 
He who invests himself in this armour of Rahu,
Daily reads it with devotion according to rules cleanly,
Would get incomparable fame , plenty of wealth, long life,
Health  and great  victory in life due to his blessings.
Ithi Sri Mahabharathe Drutharasthra jayantha samvade drona parvani rahu kavacham sampoornam,
Thus ends the armour of Rahu occurring in the middle of discussion between Drutharashtra  and Jayantha  which occurs in the chapter on Drona of the Mahabharatha epic.

Shukra Kavacham

(The armour of Venus)
(Shukra in Indian mythology is the teacher Of Asuras and Rakshasas. He is very famous sage and son of Brugu. If any problems are caused by him or if one wants to earn lots of wealth, this Kavacham should be read on Fridays.)
 
Mrunala kundendu payoja suprabham,
Peethambaram, prasrutha maksha malinam,
Samastha sasthrartha vidhim mahantham,
Dhyayeth kavim vanchitha maartha sidhaye. 1
All desires would get fulfilled by meditating on that poet,
Who shines like the white lotus born out of the sea,
Who wears yellow silks, who is known to wear garland of beads,
And who is a very great individual knowing the meaning of all sasthras.
Om Siro may Bhargava pathu, Baalam pathu grahadhipa,
Nethre daithya guru pathu, srothre may chandana dyuthi. 2
Let the son of Brugu protect my head,
Let the lord of planets protect my hair,
Let the teacher of asuras protect my eyes,
And let my ears be protected by ,
He who is lustrous like sandal wood.
Pathu may nasikaam kavyo, vadanam daithya vanditha,
Vachanam chosna pathu , kandam sri kanda bhakthiman. 3
Let the writer of epics protect my nose,
Let my face be protected by he who is worshipped by asuras,
Let my words be protected by the hungry one,
And let my neck be protected by the great devotee of Vishnu.
Bhujou thejo nidhi pathu, kukshim pathu mano vraja,
Nabhim braghu sutha pathu, madhyam pathu mahee priya,. 4
Let my hand be protected by the treasure of light,
Let my belly be protected by him who is the choice of my mind,
Let my stomach be protected by son of Brughu,
And let my middle be protected by the darling of earth.
Katim may pathu viswathma, ooru may sura poojitha,
Janum jadya hara pathu, jange jnana vatham vara. 5
Let my hip be protected by soul of the universe,
Let my thigh be protected by him who is worshipped by devas,
Let my knees be protected by enemy of sluggishness,
And let my calf be protected by he who is great among knowledgeable.
Gulphou guna nidhi pathu, pathu padhou varam bhara,
Sarvanyangani may pathu,swarna mala parishkrutha. 6
Let my ankle be protected by treasure of goodness,
Let my feet be protected by he who grants boons,
And let all my limbs be protected by he who wears golden garland.
Ya idham kavacham patathi sradhyanwitha,
Na thasya jayathe peeda, bhargavasya prasadatha. 7
He who reads this armour with devotion,
Will never get any problems by the grace of son of Brugu.
Idhi Brahmanda purane Shukra kavacham sampoornam.
Thus ends the armour of Venus occurring in Brahmanda Purana.

Mangala Kavacham

The protective armour for Mars
This is an armour which gives you protection from all problems caused by the planet Mars . It has to be chanted on all Tuesdays, if mars causes any problem in the horoscope
 
Kasyapa rishi
Sage is Kasyapa
Anushtup Chanda
Meter is Anushtup
Angatrako devatha
the god addressed is Mars
Bhouma preethyarthe jape viniyoga
The chant is aimed at pleasing the son of earth,
Rakthambaro Rakthavapu Kiritee,
Chathurbhujo mesha gamo gadha bruth.
Dharasutha, shakthi darascha sooli,
Sada mama syad waradha prasada.
Let he who wears the red cloths,
Let he who is of red colour,
Let he who wears a crown,
Let him who has four hands,
Let he who travels on a goat,
Let him who is armed with a mace,
Let him who is the son of earth,
Let him who holds the Shakthi and spear,
Be always pleased with me and bless me.
Angaraka siro rakshen, mukham vai dharani sutha,
Sravai rakthambara pathu, nethre may raktha lochana. 1
Let mars protect my head,
Let my face be protected by son of earth,
Let my ears be protected by he who wears red,
Let my eyes be protected by the red eyed one,
Nasam shakthi dhara pathu, mukham may raktha lochana,
Bhujou may rakthamali, cha hasthou shakthi dharasthadha. 2
Let my nose be protected by he who holds Shakthi,
Let my face be protected by the red eyed one,
Let my hands be protected by, he who wears red garland,
And let my arms be protected , by he holds the shakthi.
Vaksha pathu varangascha, hrudayam pathu rohitha,
Katim may graham rajascha, mukham chaiva dhara sutha. 3
Let the blessed one protect my shoulders,
Let my chest be protected by red coloured one,
Let the king of planets protect my belly,
And let my face be protected by son of earth.
Janu jangjhou kuja pathu, padhou bhaktha priya sada,
Sarvan anyani cha angaani rakshen may mesha vahana. 4
Let my hips and thigh be protected by Mars,
Let my feet be protected by he who is dear to his devotees,
And let all the other organs be protected by he who rides the goat.
Ya idham kavacham divyam sarva shathru nivaranam,
Bhootha pretha pisachaanam nasanam sarva sidhidham. 5
This holy armour kills all our enemies,
Destroys ghosts, ghouls and devils,
And blesses us with all powers.
Sarva roga haram chaiva sarva sampath pradham shubham,
BHukthi mukthi pradham nrunaam sarva soubhagya vardhanam,
Roga bandha vimoksham cha sathya methanna samsaya. 6
There is no doubt that the truth is that,
This armour cures all sorts of diseases,
Blesses us with all sorts of wealth,
Grants us devotion and salvation,
Increases our luck at all times,
And releases us from the control of diseases.
Ithi Sri Markandeya Purane Mangala Kavacham Sampoornam
Thus ends the armour of Mars found in Markandeya Purana,



Budha Kavacham

Budha is a planet giving knowledge. Any body who falls short in knowledge or wants to gain knowledge should read this Kavacham on all Wednesdays. 
Asya Budha kavacha stotra maha manthrasya
For the chant called Armour for Budha (mercury)
Kasyapa Rishi
The sage is Sage Kasyapa
Anushtup Chanda
Meter is Anushtup
Budho Devatha
God is Budha (mercury)
Budha Preethyarthe Jape Viniyoga
This chant is being done to please God Budha.

Budhasthu pusthakadhara kumkumasya samadhyuthi,
Peethambardhara pathu, peethamalyanu lepana. 1

Let us be protected by Budha,
Who holds a book in his hand,
Who shines with Kumkuma*,
Who wears yellow silk,
And who wears yellow garland.
*saffron
Katim cha pathu may soumya, siro desam budhasthadha,
Nethra jnanamaya pathu, srothre pathu nisa priya. 2  

Let him who is peaceful protect my hip,
Let my head and surroundings be protected by Budha,
Let my eyes be protected by the one who is engulfed in knowledge,
Let my ears be protected by him who loves night.

Granam gandha priya pathu, jihwam vidhyapriyo mama,
Kantam pathu vidho, puthro bhujow pusthaka bhooshana. 3 

Let my sense of smell be protected he who likes scents,
Let my toungue be protected by he who likes knowledge,
Let my neck be protected by the knowledgable one,
Let my arms be protected by he who is decorated by books.

Vaksha pathu varangascha, hrudhayam rohini sutha,
Nabhim pathu suraradhyo, madhyam pathu khageswara. 4 

Let my breast be protected by the blessed one,
Let my heart be protected by son of Rohini,
Let my belly be protected by first among devas,
Let my middle be protected by God of the birds.

Januni rohinoyascha pathu jange akhila pradha,
Pathou may bhodhana pathu, Pathu sowmyam akhilo vapu. 5 

Let my knee be protected by he who belongs to Rohini,
Let my calf be protected by he who knows everything,
Let my feet be protected by he who is expert teacher,
And let all the rest of me be protected by he who is peaceful.

Yethadwi kavacham divyam, sarva papa pranasanam,
SArva roga prasamanam, sarva dukha nivaranam.

This Armour which is holy,
Destroys all sins committed,
Cures all types of diseases,
And is the panacea for all sorrow.

Ayur aroghya subhadham, puthra pouthra prabhardhanam,
Ya padeth srunuyath vapi sarvathra vijayee bhaveth. 7 

It blesses one with long healthy life,
Increases sons and grand sons,
And those who read or hear it,
Would be victorious everywhere.

Ithi Sri Brahma Vaivartha Purane Budha Kavacham Sampoornam
Thus ends the armour of Mercury which occurs in Brahma Vaivartha purana.


Adithya Kavacham

This is the armour of Sun God which led to Sage Yagna Valkya to learn the Vedas directly from him. It should be read by people for whom Sun is not in a good position in their horoscope or the present position of Sun causes problems to them, on all Sundays.)
Om Srimad Adithya kavacha stotra maha manthrasya Yagna valko maha rishi,
Cha anushtup jagadhi chandamsi grunirithi bheejam soorya ithi shakthi, cha
Adithya ithi keelakam , Sri Soorya narayana preethyarthe Jape viniyoga.
For the Armour to the Sun God, Sage Yagnavalkya is the sage, meter is Anushtup jagaad, the root is “grun”, the strength is Sun god, the nail is Adithya and this is being recited to please Lord Surya Narayana(Sun God) :-
Dhyanam
(meditation)
Udayachala magathya veda roopa mana mayam,
Thushtava paraya bhakthya valakilyadhibhir vrutham. 1
He comes out on to the mountain of dawn,
He is healthy and the form of Vedas,
He would be satisfied by devotion ,
And is meditated upon by sages , dressed in bark
Deva surai sada vandhya grahaisha pariveshtitham,
Dhyavan sthuvan patan nama ya surya kavacham sada. 2
He is always being saluted by devas and Asuras,
And is always surrounded by all other planets,
Who meditate , pray and read this armour of Sun always.
Gruni padu siro desam, sooryascha phalam cha pathu may,
Aadithyo lochane pathu , sruthi pathu prabhakara. 3
Let the compassionate one protect my head,
Let the Sun God protect my forehead,
Let the maker of morn protect my eyes,
Let the maker of light protect my ears.
Granam pathu sada bhanu , cha arka pathu mukham sada,
Jihwam pathu jagannadha, kantam pathu vibha vasu.
4
Let the lustrous one protect my nose,
Let my face be protected by the ray of light,
Let the lord of the world protect my toungue,
Let my neck be protected by source of light.
Skandhou grahapathi pathu, Bhujou pathu prabhakara,
Ahaskara pathu hasthou, hrudhayam pathu bhanuman. 5
Let the Lord of planets protect my shoulders,
Let the maker of light protect my arms,
Let my hands be protected by the maker of fire,
Lt my heart be protected by the lustrous one.
Madhyam cha pathu sapthaswo, Nabhim pathu nabhomani,
Dwadasathma katim pathu, savitha pathu sakthivi. 6
Let the seven horsed one protect my middle,
Let the gem of light protect my stomach,
Let my hips be protected with one with twelve souls,
Let the Sun God protect my thighs.
Ooru pathu sura sreshto, janunee pathu bhaskara,
Jange pathu cha marthando, galou pathu thwisham pathi. 7
Let the best of the devas protect my thigh,
Let the maker of light protect my knees,
Let the maker of the morn protect my calves,
Let my throat be protected by the Lord of the light.
Padhou bradhyasada pathu, mithropi sakalam vapu,
Veda trayathmaka, swamin narayana jagat pade,
Aayathayamam tham kanchid veda swaroopa prabhakara. 8
Oh soul of the three Vedas, Oh Surya Narayana,
Oh the Lord of the universe, you are the reason for time,
You are the form of Vedas and you are source of light.
Sthothra naanna santhushto valakhilyadhirvrutha,
SAkshad veda maye devo, devo radha rooda samagatha. 9
Becoming happy with this prayer by the bark clad sages,
That God who is the real Veda , came in a chariot before them.
Thaam drushtonya sahasothaya dandava thrapanaman bhuvi,
Kruthanjali puto bhakoothwa sooryasgre sthitha sada. 10
Seeing him and getting very much pleased ,
They saluted by touching the earth ,
Saluted him again and stood there with devotion.
Veda moorthir maha baho gnana drushtir varchaya cha,
Brahmana sthaabitham poorva, yathayama vivarjitham. 11
The form of Vedas , the valiant one , with sight of wisdom,
Could understand them all even before they stood there,
SAthwa pradhanam shuklakhyam veda roopa mana mayam,
SAbdha brahma maya vedam , sath karma brahma vachakam. 12
He is source of good qualities, who is white in colour,
He is the form of Vedas , who is beyond mind,
He is the master of Vedas which is full of sound,
He does only good according to words of Brahma.
Muni madhyamapayavasam, pradamam savitha swayam,
Thena pradama dathena , vedena parameshwarA. 13
Firstly that Sun God himself , who was among the saints,
Gave them first , the Vedas Of Parameshwara himself.
Yagna valkya muni srehto krutha kruthyoth bhava sada,
Rigadhi sakalan vedan, jnathavan surya sannidhou. 14
Yagna valkya who was the greatest among sages,
Became for always indebted to him ,
Learnt all the Vedas in front of Sun God himself.
Idham proktham maha punyam pavithram papa nasanam,
Ya padeth shrunwayad wapi sarva papai pramuchythe.
Vedartha jnana sampanna cha soorya loka mavapnuyath, 15
Thus is told that which is very holy, which destroys sins,
And he who reads this or hears this would get rid of all his sins,
Would become expert in the import of Vedas ,
And would make the Land of the Sun God as his.
Ithi skanda purane Gowri kande Adithya kavacham sampoornam
Thus ends the armour of Sun God which occurs in Skanda Purana.
And grant many fold blessings to the reciter.


Garuda Dandakam

(Vedanta Desika is possibly one of the greatest poets of Srivaishnavism and lived between 1269 and 1370. He was born in Thoopul, near Kanchipuram. He was named as Venkata Natha and was trained in the philosophy of Saint Ramanuja. This great prayer extols Garuda, one of the foremost devotees of Lord Vishnu, who also is his steed. This poem is written in the Dandaka meter.( Dandakam is that poetry where some of the lines have more than 26 syllables. It very much resembles prose) An e- book containing , this stotra and its detailed interpretation can be had in
Sriman VenkataNadharya kavi tharkika kesari,
Vedantacharya varyo may sannidatham sada hrudhi
(I keep in my ,mind always and dedicate myself,
Sri Venkata natha , who is the lion among poets
And who is a great teacher of philosophy.)
Nama pannaga nadhaya Vaikunta vasa varthine,
Sruthi Sindhu sudothpada mandharaya guruthmathe.
Salutations to the Lord of Serpents,
Who resides in control of Vaikunta,
Who like the mandara mountain,
Churned the ocean of Vedas,
And has the nectar of it on his legs
Garudamakhila veda needadhiroodam dwishath peedanoth kanditha kunta Vaikunta peetikrutha skandameede swaneedagathi preetha Rudra sukeerthi sathanaa bhoga gaado upagooda sphuratha kantaka vratha veda vyadha vepamana dwi jihwa aadhipakalpa vishpharyamana sphatavatika rathna rochichchata raji neerajithm kanthi kallolini rajitham. 1
The God Garuda who uses the Vedas as his nest as well as the seat, who leaves Vaikunta and accompanies his Lord Narayana , who rides on his shoulders in his endeavors to kill and destroy the enemies of his devotees,who on his return is deeply hugged by his wives Rudrai and Sukeerthi, who miss his absence, which makes his hairs stand erect like thorns and hurts the conquered serpents that he uses as his ornaments ,
which makes the two tounged serpents overcome with fear and make them open their hoods , leading the gems in their hoods to emit strong red light Which in turn gives out an appearance of showing of camphor light. which makes him shine in the wave of light.
Jaya Garuda suparna dharveekaraahara devaadhipahara haarin divoukaspathi kshiptha dhamboli dharaa kina kalpa , kalpantha vaathoola kalpodhayan aalpa veerayithodhya
Chamathkara dhaithyari jathra dwajaroha nirdharithothkarsha sankrashanathman garuthman maruth panchakadeesa sathyadhi moorthe na kaschid samasthe namasthe punasthe nama. 2
Victory to Garuda with very pretty wings, who uses huge serpents as his food,
who stole the nectar from the devas,
which made the king of devas angry with Garuda and made Indra throw his Vajrayudha on him ,
which in turn caused many wounds on his body , which healed wounds today shine like his ornaments,
Who shines in the waving flag of Lord Vishnu during his war leading to the extermination of the Rakshasas and his being recognized as the soul of the war,
Who is the personification of truth and assumed the form of five winds Prana, upana , Samana, udana and Vyana
There is none like you, I salute you first then again salute you and again salute you.
Nama idham jahath saparyaya paryaya niryatha paksha anila sphala nodhwela padhodhi veechi chapeta hadha agadha patala bhankara samkrudha nagendra peeda sruni bhava baswan nakha srenaya chanda thundaya nruthya adbhuhda janga bruve vajrine dhamshtraya thubhyam adhyathma vidhya vidheya vidheya bhavaddhaasya- maabhadhaydhaa dhayedhascha may. 3
Saluted by very many great learned men, when you fly, your wings generate such a storm that it creates waves in the ocean,
which reach Patala (the nether world) and a great sound resembling “Bham”, disturb the elephants who are in guard there , who in turn try to attack you ,
and your form with your sharp nails similar to the goad used to control elephants repulses them ,
and you look fearful to your enemies ,
with your big beak which raises terror,
your squinted eye brows resembling a look of a cobra,
and your canine teeth which resembles the Vajrayudha (weapon of Indra),
please make the knowledge of God as mine and take mercy on me and protect this , your slave ,
Manuranugatha pakshi vakthra spurath tharaka sthavaka schithra bhanu Priya shekhara sthrayatham nas thrivargapa varga prassothi para vyoma dhaman vala dweshi dharpa jwala dwalakhilya prathigna vatheerna sthiraam Thathwa budhim paraam bhakthi dhenum jagan moola kandhe mukunde mahananda dhogdhim dhadhidhaa
Mudhaa kama heenaam aahee nama heenanthaka. 4
Oh Bird who resides in the abode of Vishnu,
with the five syllable manthra starting with Om and ending with the name of the wife of the fire God(Swaha) ,
you who were born to fulfill the curse of sages called Valakhilya on the Lord Indra, fulfilled their curse,
you who are the lord of death to the base serpents that challenged you,
you whose lord is Mukunda who is the root cause of the universe and the great milk man constantly giving great happiness,
be pleased to bless me with discriminative knowledge ,
be pleased to bless me to be a cow constantly giving the milk of devotion
and be pleased to blessed with joy which is bereft of ordinary passion,
Shad trimsath gana charano nara pari paati naveena gumbha gana,
Vishnuradha dandakoyam vighatayathu vipaksha vaahinee vyooham.
This poem comprises of 4 lines , with each line having 36 groups,
With each group consisting of three syllables and follows the rules of the poem,
And if recited is capable of driving away enemy formations completely.
Vichithra siddhidhada soyam Venkatesa vipasschitha,
Garuda dwaja thoshaya geetho Garuda Dandaka.
This Dandaka in praise of Garuda , was composed,
In honour of The Lord who has Garuda in his flag,
By a scholar called Venkatesa and fulfill the wishes,
And grant many fold blessings to the reciter.

Guru Kavacham

Bruhaspathi Kavacham
(The armour of Jupiter)
Sri Ganesaya Nama
(Salutations to Lord Ganesa)
Asya sri Brahaspathi Kavacha maha manthrasya Easwara rishi,
For the great chant of Armour to Jupiter the sage is Easwara
Anushtup Chanda
The meter is anushtup
Gurur devatha
The God is Brahaspathi
Gam Bheejam
The root is “Gam”
Sri Shakthi
The power is “Goddess Lakshmi”
Kleem keelakam
The nail is “Kleem”
Guru preethyrarthe Jape Viniyoga
The chant is being done to please Guru.
Abheeshta phaladham sarvajnam sura poojitham,
Aksha maladharam shantham pranamami bruhaspatheem. 1
I salute sage Brahaspathi,
Who fulfills our wishes,
Who knows everything,
Who is worshipped by all devas,
Who wears the garland of beads,
And who is peaceful.
Bruhaspathi sira pathu, lalatam pathu may guru,
Karnou sura guru , nethre may abheeshta dayaka. 2
Let Brahaspathi protect my head,
Let Guru(teacher) protect my forehead,
Let my ears be protected by teacher of devas,
And let my eyes be protected by he who fulfills wishes.
Jihwam pathu suracharya, nasaam may Veda Paraga,
Mukham may pathu sarvagna, kantam may devatha guru. 3
Let the teacher of devas protect my toungue,
Let my nose be protected by the expert in Vedas,
Let the all knowing one protect my face,
And let my neck be protected by teacher of devas.
Bhujavangeerasa pathu, karou pathu shubha prada,
Sthanou may pathu vageesa, kuksheem may shubha lakshana. 4
Let my hand be protected by Angeeras*,
Let my arms be protected by he who does good,
Let the master of speech protect my chest,
And let he who looks good protect my stomach.
*father of Brahaspathi
Nabhim deva guru pathu, madhyam pathu sukha prada,
Katim pathu jagat vandya, ooru may pathu vak pathee. 5
Let my belly be protected by Guru,
Let he who does good protect my middle,
Let my hip be protected by he who is saluted by the universe,
And let the master of words protect my legs.
Janu jange suracharyo, padhou viswathamaka sada,
Anyani yani cha anganee, rakshenmay sarvatha guru. 6
Let the teacher of devas protect my thighs and knee,
Let my feet be protected by the soul of the world,
And let all other parts of my body be always be protected by Guru.
Ithyedath kavacham divyam trisandhyam ya paden nara,
Sarva kamaanvapnothi sarvathra vijayee bhaveth. 7
If this holy armour is read by men at dawn, noon and dusk,
They would succeed in all their acts,
And would gain victory everywhere.
Ithi Sri brahmyamaloktham Sri Brahaspathi kavacham sampoornam.
Thus ends the armour of Jupiter which occurs in Brhamyaloktham


No comments:

Post a Comment